FEDAK® VCI Foil
Film for unit or group packaging
- FEDAK® VCI Foil
- Group packing films
- Hothouse Films
- Mulching films
- Vapour barrier films
- Black and white films for timber packaging
- FEDAK®VCI Foil – highly effective anti-corrosion foil based on polyethylene, designed for packaging metal products.
It is a well-known fact that when oxygen acts on the metal surface, a reaction occurs that causes corrosion of the metal, while the product becomes rusty and loses its presentation. To avoid this, it is necessary to securely pack the product in an inhibited foil, to which special additives are added during the extrusion to provide it with anti-corrosion properties. The foil creates a protective layer on the metal and thus preventing it from corrosion reaction.This protective layer does not affect the metal surface either physically or visually.
- For packaging metal products, their storage and transportation, while:
- the duration of corrosion protection can last up to 24 months, depending on the packaging method;
- inhibited foil and bags from it are used for a wide range of metals: iron, cast iron, steel, aluminum, nickel, zinc, tin, copper, brass;
- protection against corrosion (protective atmosphere) is created inside the package within a few hours, depending on the size and volume of the package;
- biological materials, such as wood, significantly weaken the corrosion protection of metal, packed into the inhibited foil;
- after unpacking, the protective atmosphere evaporates from the package, and the metal product is ready for further use (assembly, painting, welding) without the need for any preliminary processing;
- in cases where the metal product before packaging already had a corrosion and had traces of microcorrosion, the inhibited foil will not stop and/or remove already started corrosion.
FEDAK®VCI Foil is marked with its name, which confirms its propertiesand distinguishes its from others.
Storage and packaging
FEDAK®VCI Foil is wound on a cardboard core. Rolls are covered with polyethylene packaging foil and put on pallet.
Store in roofed warehouses, excluding direct sunlight, at temperatures from +5 to +40 ° C at a distance of at least 1 meterfrom heating devices. It is allowed to store them in an unheated warehouse at temperatures upto minus 30 °C for no more than 1 month.
- flexographic printing
is possible on all films;
- maximum number of colors – 6;
- the possible width of the film is from 100 to 6000 mm;
- the possible thickness of the film is from 6 to 400 microns;
- the maximum winding width per roll is 3000 mm;
- the maximum diameter of a roll –
- the weight of the goods roll is agreed with the Customer;
- the point perforation is possible both over the whole area of the canvas and in the form of separate strips;
- stepper perforation (detachable).